If you dream of taking your book business to the world, it helps to pack plenty of market research and some international diplomatic savvy.
On Monday, September 15, “Beyond the Book” will release the first of two installments featuring the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Global Publishing Team. In an exclusive interview with host Christopher Kenneally, Dawn Bruno, an International Trade Specialist for the New York City branch of the U.S. Commercial Service (an export promotion agency within Commerce), will lay out the basic goals and services of the department. Ms. Bruno serves as the Global Publishing Team Leader, managing over 25 publishing specialists worldwide who provide export assistance to U.S. publishers.
Topics to be covered include:
- Market research on overseas business conditions, risks, duty/taxes, localizing content, etc
- Issue-specific webinars: IPR Challenges in China; Maximizing Your Time at the Frankfurt Book Fair; the Indian Publishing Market; etc.
- Raising market visibility
- Identifying international partners and/or distributors
- Keys to gauging the marketability of products
You don’t want to miss this so, if you’re not already, please subscribe to Beyond the Book podcasts.
For more information about this event, please click here (PDF).